MY INSURANCE APPROVED THE SURGERY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you want something bad enough, work for it and pray about it.
I’ll be getting what is called a Lefort 1 osteotomy (upper jaw procedure) and a bilateral sagittal split osteotomy (lower jaw procedure).
I have been through heck to get this jaw surgery. I am SO happy that my patience, determination, and hard work finally paid off. It’s the one thing that I really wanted this year. I can’t function, and honestly, i don’t know what to do with myself. I was to the point that I was wondering if it just wasn’t meant to be, or if it was a true test that God was putting me though, to see how much I wanted it. If you know my past issues with this, you know how much I’ve been fighting for it.
I know that it isn’t something that sounds very pleasant. A typical person would not think that getting your skull fractured is awesome, but the end result is my focus and I know that it’ll be 100% worth it. I’m doing it for myself, because its something that I’ve struggled with.
– I had no health insurance
– Got insurance (June 2012) (which took several months to research different insurances)
– Had to find a surgeon that would accept my odd-ball insurance. Called between 20-25 different oral surgeons.
**Surgeons had to agree that it was medically necessary.**
– 1st surgeon consult (Aug 2012)- He didn’t think it was necessary. Deny.
– 2nd surgeon consult (Sept 2012)- he thought it was needed. A couple days later, they change their mind and won’t accept my insurance. Deny.
– 3rd consult (Nov 2012) – she thought it was medically necessary, AND she accepted my insurance.
– Insurance denied, surgeon wasn’t in their “network”. Sent in papers, got her approved.
– Insurance denied, they didn’t think it was necessary.
– Surgeon switched offices. Delay.
– Surgeon filed an appeal, and the denial was overturned A.K.A. The procedure is approved!
I’ll be posting info on here as it comes, I’ll be updating with blogs, pictures, and videos. If you want to stay updated, find the “Follow Blog via Email” option, enter your email, and you’ll get notified anytime I post something new.
I love you God.