I have a couple updates-
1. Yesterday, it was ‘one year’ since my 1st consultation with my surgeon. 🙂 I remember how persistent I was trying to get the surgery before 2013 came. That didn’t happen lol. It was worth the wait though!
2. Tomorrow will be 4 months since my surgery!!! 👍 how time flies.
3. Yesterday I had an ortho appt, it went pretty well. I finally got my “after” pictures and X-rays taken! It was crazy to think about, it was 3 YEARS ago (November 2010) that I had my 1st consultation at my ortho when I had my “before” pictures/X-rays taken. November is a memorable month. 🙂
I didn’t get my band-holders off this time either. The good thing is that my ortho noticed that my teeth ARE moving (in a good way)! The overjet is getting smaller. He wants to see what things look like in 2 more months. I’m happy that he’s working with me and aiming for perfection. Even though I get excited about “possibly” getting the band holders off, only to be let down…. they’re on for a good reason!
January 27, 2014 is my next ortho appt.
Next Tuesday I see my surgeon for a final checkup. (It’ll be my last appt, unless she adds another one after it)
Alright, so here is the X-ray. Before and After. The quality of the “after” came out really bad when they printed it. I was excited to show you guys so I decided to post it anyways. They’re gonna be sending me a better copy. (Once I get it, I’ll post it in the “X-rays” tab at the top of the page!)
Some things I would like to draw your attention to in this next picture:
1. My throat/airway is more wide now.
2. My teeth line up.
3. My overjet is smaller. (This is what my ortho is trying to fix further. The distance between my top and lower teeth will hopefully come even closer together.)
Hope you all have a fantastic Thanksgiving!!!!!
I’m “thankful” for each and every one of you! Thank you all so much for your support of my blog! I can’t believe how far it’s reached! The views are the reason that I take time to write these posts. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!